Monday, January 4, 2016

Signing in!

Hi EPN blog readers! I’m Jen, the newest member of EPN’s communications team. I’ll be bringing you EPN updates and stories, and continuing on in Jonathan & Dexter’s fine work. I especially loved reading their EPN Heroes series – they really captured the ingenuity, compassion, and hard work of these amazing Heroes. Thanks for the engaging reads, Jonathan & Dexter!

Posting great blog content was only part of what these guys did, though – Jonathan & Dexter also gave EPN’s website a major overhaul. It’s visually appealing, navigable, and full of great information about EPN – but don’t take my word for it – check it out for yourself if you haven’t already! www.eliminatepovertynow.org  Hats off to you, Jonathan & Dexter!

Anna (right) and me (second from the right) with our
 fellow graduate assistants, Rachel and Lori, at VCFA 
And so now, a little about me: I am from Ottawa, Ontario, and I discovered EPN’s work when I met Anna Drury during my studies at Vermont College of Fine Arts (VCFA).

I have a background in psychology and environmental sciences (BSc), education (BEd), and creative writing (MFA). I’ve worked as a chemistry lab technician, elementary school teacher, and college professor. Today, in addition to my job with EPN, I work for the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council, and write children’s book reviews for a number of Canadian publications. Children, literacy, innovation, and education are my soft spots, and that’s why the work EPN does resonates so much with me.

I’m very excited to work with EPN and look forward to engaging with you online, too! Never hesitate to leave a question or comment – I’d love to hear from you!

Until next time,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment